PUA Unemployment is also known as Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) is a program that gives a lot of individual benefits. In other words, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) gives federal benefit to individuals that are not entitled to systematic Unemployment Insurance UI. Before an individual can benefit from Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. Individuals must have been considered unqualified for state unemployment benefits, together with self-employed workers and liberated contractors.
This Pandemic Unemployment Assistance federal benefit gives is due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To be qualified for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) you must be unemployed and you will be asked to submit the proof of your income to be qualified for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
Groups of individuals who can File for PUA Unemployment
Not every individual can apply for this Pandemic Unemployment Assistance federal benefit. But individuals who can apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are;
- Individuals that have been independent for only the last 18 months and that does pay t axes on that income he/she earns and these individuals are; Sole proprietors, Business owners, and so on
- Individuals who currently had an Illinois unemployment insurance declare
- An individual that does not get paid by a nonprofit church or religious society
- Individuals that are ahead of the household now because the last household died as a result of COVID-19
- Also, individuals that have been determined with COVID-19 or if you have a household member that has been confirmed with diagnosed with COVID-19
- Individuals that are unable to work due to their health
Groups of individuals who cannot File for PUA Unemployment
However, individuals that cannot apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are;
- Individuals that retire with no job offer or no job
- Individuals who don’t have a job request or aren’t working at all
- College student
- Individuals that have a social security disability
- Claimants that works as an employee
How do I Apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
Apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, With what has been listed above, if you feel you are eligible to apply for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). You can just use the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) application page. To apply you must have Social Security Number, Wisconsin Drivers license if you have, the address and zip codes of the employers you have worked for in the past 18 months. Some easy steps on how to apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance will be listed below.
- After becoming unemployed, Contact your state’s unemployment insurance program as soon as you can
- Normally, individuals should lodge your claim with the state where you worked. But if in the case you work in a place whereby it is different from your residential states, your residential states can provide details on how to lodge your claim with other states
After lodging your claim, you will receive some questions for some necessary information like addresses and dates of your former employment. To ensure your claim not delayed, ensure you provide complete and correct details.
TAGS: Apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, PUA Unemployment, PUA Unemployment MA, PUA Unemployment NY, PUA Unemployment PA, Unemployment Assistance